- BY the CASE
The Guesser Red is a vegan friendly, biodynamic organically grown blend of Shiraz, Grenache, & Cabernet Sauvignon that offers fantastic value drinking.
Bright red berry fruits aromas with a touch of spice, mocha and plum.
Soft and juicy, showing generous fruit with a luscious finish.
An easy drinking McLaren Vale red that is ideal for a range of occasions.
Wanderer is made using a few different vintages of Petit Verdot, a grape variety which hails originally from Bordeaux. This allows us to create a blend with complexity and freshness.
Later ripening Petit Verdot from our vineyard block up near cellar door is gently picked before being taken down the hill to the winery to be crushed before undergoing open fermentation. Once through ferment, the PV is pressed off skins and sent to stainless steel vessels. It doesn’t spend any time in oak, as we want to retain the wonderful dark fruit vibrancy of the variety. In a similar vein to the Spring Seed Blanc de Blancs (Gypsy), the Wanderer is sent off after ferment and ageing on the vinous equivalent of a Grand Tour to find its fizz. In this case, the Wanderer is sent up to a winery in the Barossa, whereas the English Gentleman in the 17th and 18th Centuries went off around Europe to learn about classical antiquity and mix with the great families and houses on the continent. The Wanderer then returns home, enlightened and ready to be sent into polite society to be enjoyed. By you, that is.
‘Wanderer’ is an elegant yet full bodied sparkling red made using our own home-grown organic Petit Verdot. It has a vibrant bright purple colour, with a nose ripe with blueberries, plum, black cherry and a hint of violets. It is perfect as an aperitif or can enjoyed with a variety of food. Serve chilled.
91pts - James Halliday
On the nose blackcurrant/ cassis & herbal notes intertwined with delicate whiffs of char (from the oak barrels). On the palate blackcurrant & blackberry over powdery tannins, spice & tar. This wine has great length & structure where the fruit more than matches the fine tannin structure. Another terrific Bosworth Cabernet.
"... good colour, line & length, with cassis/blackcurrant juicy fruit lifting the finish as much as tannins." - James Halliday
I describe the Cockscomb as the younger sibling of the Bosworth Cabernet. It is grown in the same vineyards and looked after just as well in the winery, but just spends less time in oak, and what oak we use tends to be older and so imparts less oak flavours to the wine. We make it in a very similar fashion to the Bosworth Cabernet, in that it is picked when ripe and full of lovely juicy Cab flavours, then de-stemmed and crushed and fermented in open vessels (some finishes ferment in oak). The oak regime is similar too, with mainly French with a dash of American (ie one barrel!). We do pump overs, too, just the same, where the fermenting juice is pumped over the ‘cap’ (the mass of skins which floats to the top during a ferment) to extract colour, flavour and tannin. Generally Cockscomb is bottled in the same year as it was made and it is ready to be enjoyed pretty soon after that.
At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Gods, we do make seem to make lovely cabernets here at Bosworth, and this Cockscomb is no exception. McLaren Vale makes great Cabernets, in fact – we always seem to get nice ripe tannins and herbal intrigue without the greenness The nose is bright and fresh and bursting with blue fruits (violets and red currants ) and the wine has terrific tannins (without being too stiff) and a lovely, persistent finish. All in all a great example of a Cabernet.
Located close to the communes of Saint Emilion & Pomerol, Chateau La Croix de Roche is a certified organic & Biodynamic wine, renowned for producing outstanding value wines and regarded by Robert Parker as one of his favourite lower priced wines.
Produced from 60% Merlot, 15% Carmenere, 15% Petit Verdot & 10% Malbec, the low yield crops are vinified separately per block in temperature controlled vats, before being selected for blending, aging takes place with 90% in tank and the other 10% in new oak barrels.
Soft fruity with lots of cherry and plumb fruits, in the mouth silky and soft with fine tannins and a very nice freshness. To be enjoyed now or over the next 3 years.